Super easy and extra crunchy!
As little as it seems, this recipe was enough for 3 or 4 breakfasts, meaning 6-8 portions. It’s really filling!
We had it with soy yogurt or oat milk and it stayed crunchy with both. We hope you like it as much as we did. Let’s start!
- 3 cups of jumbo rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups of mixed nuts and seeds (pecans, walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds…)
- 5-7 tbsp of syrup (agave, maple syrup…)
- 1/4 cup of margarine or oil
- 1/4 cup of nut butter or more margarine/oil (we used peanut butter)
- Optional: cinnamon, sugar, chocolate chips, raisins, dried fruit, cacao nibs…
- Preheat the oven at 200ºC.
- Chop the nuts and seeds to your taste and throw them in a pan with the oats on high heat.
- Toast them for around 5 minutes, be careful not to burn them!
- In a bowl, mix the fat, nut butter and syrup. Add the hot oats and nuts and mix well until they are well coated.
- Transfer everything into a baking tray and press it as if you were making bars. We do this so it forms bigger chunks of granola, hehe. More crunch!
- Bake it for around 30 minutes or until it’s toasted to your taste. We stirred it a bit a couple times, trying to keep some big chunks of course.
- Let it cool completely in the tray before adding any extra ingredients (such as chocolate chips, raisins and so on) and transferring it to an air-tight container.
- Done! Now it’s ready to be enjoyed with plant milk or yogurt. Yum yum yum.
Photography by Jose Guerra